April 19, 2008

morning, Golden Gate Park


click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Who has time for sleep when there are photos out there to be taken?

A couple years ago someone gave me some good advice about photography -- they told me to just "put my camera away in the middle of the day".   The first and last few hours of the day are known as "the Golden Hours"...   But of course I realize that shooting only early and late is unrealistic and unnecessary for a lot of situations, but I just wanted to pass that along...

I snapped this shot in Golden Gate Park at about 8AM on Thursday -- it was quite a sight...   I was worried that the effects would quickly disappear so I didn't bother with my tripod or exposure bracketing, but I think it was a pretty good snag, anyway...   I posted it on FredMiranda.com yesterday for their advice and got some helpful suggestions.



CLICK to visit the now clickable Daily-Duo
CLICK to visit KittyBLOG -- the daily doings of my cat.

announcing my newly re-designed collection:  
CLICK for what I call my BIG site



Your comments are invited and welcome.


7 comments:

Texas Travelers said...

I love shafts of sunlight streaming down through the trees. Perfect capture. One of my favorite shots and I like the red-orange color at the bottom corner. Nicely framed.

Troy

Stacey Olson said...

Beautiful shot. I very seldom have time to use a tripod and I am still learning exposure which I practice on scenery, but when photographing wildlife the tripod usually gets in my way and I stumble to capture the action. ( I am practicing though) Thanks for the link. I will have to check that out.

p.s. you have peaked my intrest as to tomorrows pic..

photowannabe said...

Don, beautiful...Its like being in a cathedral. Perfect shafts of light and the highlight on the blooming plant is perfect.
You are right on my flower. I believe its called English Lavender.

Marvin said...

A truly breath-taking photo -- almost good enough to make me want to crawl out of bed before 10 AM. (Hey, I don't usually go to bed before three or four o'clock.)

Anonymous said...

great light

Tomate Farcie said...

I'm a point-and-shoot photographer so I know next to nothing about taking pictures. However, I do know that I would never in a million years be able to get that shot (I blame my camera, of course!).

Well done!

tangobaby said...

That is a gorgeous photo. I live right near the park and should try to get out there before I head off for work.

Thanks for the inspiration.

 
under construction