April 12, 2008

sea-lions at Pier39, S.F.


click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Wednesday while on a leisurely walk along San Francisco's waterfront on my way over to the Tibet protest, I stopped by the incredibly tacky Pier39 to take a look at the only thing that Pier39 has going for it -- it's sea-lions.   Unfortunately my snaps of the sea-lions were nothing special, but I stopped on my way out and snagged these two durable creatures.



CLICK to visit the now clickable Daily-Duo
CLICK to visit KittyBLOG -- the daily doings of my cat.

announcing my newly re-designed collection:  
CLICK for what I call my BIG site



Your comments are invited and welcome.


3 comments:

Tomate Farcie said...

Couldn't agree more with your description of Pier 39. Every time someone from out-of-town "makes me" take them down there I always try to talk them out of it. Never works, either! ;)

photowannabe said...

Pier 39 can be fun if you know its tacky and go with the flow. Sometimes its fun to pretend and do touristy things.

AphotoAday said...

Well, I like to play tourist also...

Actually, besides the sea-lions I think, by far, the best thing at Pier39 is Rodney Lough's Photography Gallery, located way in the back on the left...

He also has a similar gallery in Sausalito, and his work, although a bit oversaturated at times, really knocks-my-socks-off...   He is REALLY good.   He shoots with a large format film camera, then has his color negatives drum scanned so he can get them into Photoshop in order to make digital prints.

Rodney Lough is a very talented guy and really gets around in wilderness. He is worth a trip to Pier39, or better yet -- Sausalito. I guarantee it!

 
under construction