April 15, 2008

Bank of the West, S.F.


click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

San Francisco's Market Street gets kind of "seedy" when it crosses Fifth, Sixth, and Seventh Streets, but farther down towards the bay it is a bit safer and the architecture is kind of interesting.   But still, it's advisable to be aware of your surroundings -- be sure to carry your wallet in your front pocket.   I don't get over to San Francisco all that often, but when I do I generally carry some cheap insurance with two or three dollar bills in one shirt pocket, and a "fiver" in the other.



CLICK to visit the now clickable Daily-Duo
CLICK to visit KittyBLOG -- the daily doings of my cat.

announcing my newly re-designed collection:  
CLICK for what I call my BIG site



Your comments are invited and welcome.


3 comments:

Texas Travelers said...

Well done as usual.
Troy

photowannabe said...

Great perspective in this shot. I like the reflections.
You are so right about being street smart. That area can be a bit dicey.

Tomate Farcie said...

I know that building very well, used to walk by it every day!

I finally bought one of the smaller Timbutk2 messenger bags a couple of years ago and now I carry that around with me every day.

I usually carry in the small zippered front pocket a small bunch of "ones" (less than 5 usually) and loose change (no more than $10 total) for the "street" (deserving street musicians, homeless people, emergency coffee, etc...). I've already decided that the money in that small front pocket is "fair game" (would rather give that up and walk away in one piece) and I remember to refill the pocket when it's empty.

The Douglas iris is incredible. Great colors!

 
under construction