April 05, 2008

morning at the G.G.B.


click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Thursday morning before dawn I decided to get an early start and place my bets on what might be going on down at the Golden Gate Bridge -- sometimes there can be incredible sunrises down there.   On the way I couldn't miss the beautiful crescent moon in the sky, and my heart actually started to race a bit -- as I raced my little car the 15 miles or so it is to the bridge from where I live.

But when I got to my lookout spot at the top of Conzelman Road, the crescent moon was way too high in the sky to include it in a shot with the bridge, so I packed up my camera and tripod and headed down to the little point near Fort Baker on the east side of the bridge, just about at water level.   And no, that first shot isn't red paint or blood in the water -- it's supposed to be a reflection of one of the bridge towers, but it's pretty hard to tell, I suppose.   And I kind of like the second shot of the sunrise, and I think I should get extra points for getting up so darned early in the morning...



CLICK to visit the now clickable Daily-Duo
CLICK to visit KittyBLOG -- the daily doings of my cat.

announcing my newly re-designed collection:  
CLICK for what I call my BIG site



Your comments are invited and welcome.


3 comments:

photowannabe said...

Pure artistry and 5 gold stars for you!!

AphotoAday said...

Thanks, Photo-Sue for the 5 gold stars!   I'm going to melt them down and take them to the bank !

Texas Travelers said...

Love the reds and blue is the left photo.

Award yourself 10 extra points for the early sunrise. I like the glitter patch. Great exposure.

I found something interesting recently on glitter patches,

http://epod.usra.edu/archive/epodviewer.php3?oid=397792

Nice work on both.

 
under construction