April 14, 2008

Douglas Iris


click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

I have never seen such an incredible display of wildflowers as we have "going on" this year.   I think the best place to see them is at Chimney Rock at Point Reyes, and on Saturday I headed out there early, because I knew the motion-inducing breeze would be increasing as the day progressed.   The morning couldn't have been nicer -- usually it is cold and foggy out at that isolated spot -- but the wildflowers seem to thrive in the harsh conditions.



CLICK to visit the now clickable Daily-Duo
CLICK to visit KittyBLOG -- the daily doings of my cat.

announcing my newly re-designed collection:  
CLICK for what I call my BIG site



Your comments are invited and welcome.


8 comments:

Anonymous said...

excellent colors and shapes

Texas Travelers said...

Excellent. I love the color and the light sprinkling of gold.

Troy

Jo's-D-Eyes said...

wow! Don, I like you cristal clear flower shot, this is excellent made!Also your new header is s great found, all well done.

Thanks for your vist on my Blog (last week) now you might like to see the ( digital) result of my travel to Belgium.

Have a good week:)

Anna said...

These are just gorgeous! My favorite is the one on the right, with the dusting of pollen so clearly visible, and the shaggy "rooster's comb" standing out above. Beautiful!

A.

Stacey Olson said...

Stunning photos i look forward to reading more. I also look forward to photographing our wildflowers though they seem so far off...Thanks for sharing

AphotoAday said...

Wanted to thank everybody on their nice comments -- it fuels my tank... And of course I can't take all the credit for the wildflowers -- they did most of the work!

photowannabe said...

Beautiful velvet textures. I especially liked it in the enlarged shot the other day. Vivid color really makes the picture.

Marvin said...

Beautiful iris well photographed.

 
under construction