April 24, 2008

s p l a s h


click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

I think the best place to shoot splashes is at Pebble Beach (not the one down by Carmel) -- on the San Mateo coastline, south of San Francisco, just north of Bean Hollow Beach.   Look around that area and you will find the same type of eroded sandstone as they have 200 miles to the north at Salt Point.


Here's two from Salt Point:

click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney




CLICK to visit the now clickable Daily-Duo
CLICK to visit KittyBLOG -- the daily doings of my cat.

announcing my newly re-designed collection:  
CLICK for what I call my BIG site



Your comments are invited and welcome.


7 comments:

Tomate Farcie said...

Cool shots! The first one makes you want to reach for your umbrella.

Marvin said...

Great textures and a fantastic splash.

Melinda said...

cool rocks. i've never seen them eroded quite like that before.

AphotoAday said...

Hi everybody --

And hi Melinda -- those rocks can also be found at Point Lobos, between Carmel and Big Sur... It's actually one of my favorite places, but I don't get there very often... Anyway, the famous photographer Edward Weston used to photograph the fantastic shapes and textures of those highly eroded sandstone rocks...

Anna said...

What fantastic shapes in the sandstone! Like some sort of fantasy landscape. The bottom one looks like it should be moving in waves.

Thanks for sharing these! I can see why it would be one of your favourite places.

A.

Sean said...

I love the first picture. I never seem to catch those images.

I also like the first rock picture. It's always amazing what mother nature can do.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful splash and texture photos!

 
under construction