December 30, 2011

trees at China Camp, Marin County, California


click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

This image started out and remained a hopeless mess in Photoshop until I decided to take one last desperate move--to "posterize" the tones into a handful of hues.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Another posterized image. China Camp is looked after by the impoverished Califonia State Parks, but is on the list to close next year--I don't know the exact date. (((See my Facebook page today for the full list)))



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

And I don't know the extent of the State Park closure. It would be difficult to keep everybody out. China Camp is a popular get-away for runners, hikers, and bicyclers--and Don has his camera...


CLICK for the very "best" of my work on my photo website.

3 comments:

John @ Beans and I on the Loose said...

This was going to be my question until you touched on it at the end. Will the closure keep you from fence hopping? It will not to me with my Annadel SP. There is a local fund rasing movement afoot here to keep it open past its scheduled execution date of July 1. The Sonoma Regional Park Department will Take over the operations for the State but needs $300,000 in order to do so. We'll see waht happens.

photowannabe said...

Love the poster treatment. I always like when you do that.
I want to be an ostrich and not even think about all of our beloved parks closing.
Tain't right!!!

Civic Center said...

As Barbara Mehlman, a Photoshop instructor at SF State would always say in her introduction to that application, "The Filters menus are like street drugs, cheap and powerful and not good for you. Stay away from them."

Happy New Year, dude, and thank you for all you great work.

 
under construction