December 14, 2011

Pigeon Point Lighthouse, once again


click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

My new pet project is photographing Pigeon Point Lighthouse, a two hour drive south on a dark and winding Highway One.

See an earlier post I did on Pigeon Point Lighthouse



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

I left Marin County at 4AM, figuring it would still be pretty dark at 6AM, especially on a drizzly day. I'll have to give it another try when there is a bit of fog. No shortage of fog in this location, roughly half way between San Francisco and Santa Cruz.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

When I get near Pigeon Point Lighthouse I usually think of how many hundreds of time I've passed by. My family would take this route on our frequent trips to visit "Grandma" who lived here in Marin County, so I've got bragging rights on how many times I've traveled up and down Highway One from Marin County to the Monterey Peninsula. (I grew up in Pacific Grove)


CLICK for the very "best" of my work on my photo website.

5 comments:

John @ Beans and I on the Loose said...

Really like that wave shot!

Le Gall : Décrypter Le Système Pyramidall said...

Très beau, mon chéri, surtout la photo de la plage dorée !

Laura~Pretty Pix said...

Stunningly beautiful captures.
Well worth an early morning drive!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful Photos!

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year

~Ron

Anonymous said...

Love the first shot of the lighthouse!!!

 
under construction