December 25, 2011

the gift of a new day


click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

The way I see it, a sunrise is like colorful wrapping paper...



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

The sunrise surrounds the gift of a new day.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Yesterday I did a little walk-around in San Francisco. First I explored a bit of the waterfront area, then moved up to Chinatown, finally taking a hike over to the Union Square area to see if I could get into the spirit of the holiday.

All the time I was thinking of YOU, my friend. I appreciate the old, and I have met SO many new friends this year. Really, I am quite a lucky guy. Merry Christmas to you and yours!


CLICK for the very "best" of my work on my photo website.

4 comments:

John @ Beans and I on the Loose said...

I see it! Yes indeed, a sunrise is like wrapping paper on a new day. Have a nice Christmas day Donald.

photowannabe said...

Merry Christmas Don.
Your photos decorate my life.
Keep it up and I look forward to many more in 2012.
Love your description of the sunrise being like wrapping paper..

Jennifer said...

Those colours are spectacular! Gift indeed!

Merry Christmas back.

Tomate Farcie said...

Oh, I think I know exactly where you stood to get that last shot :D

 
under construction