December 12, 2011

a steamy reservoir at Nicasio


click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

I'm a tenderfoot when it comes to cold weather, but when temperatures dip to freezing on the shores of Nicasio Reservoir, magic can happen.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

It's a monumental struggle between the sun and stubborn fog. Usually, the sun eventually wins.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Residents and visiting waterfowl tend be just a little bit camera shy. These birds saw me coming.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

On my way back from Nicasio I stopped by Lagunitas Creek, and yes, it was doing the same steamy kind of thing. Make mine a cup of coffee...


CLICK for the very "best" of my work on my photo website.

4 comments:

John @ Beans and I on the Loose said...

Like that bird photo!

photowannabe said...

Love the creeping fog and I like the birds escaping too.

Laura~Pretty Pix said...

I'm glad you ventured out into the cold.. these images are wonderful!

Anonymous said...

Lovely photos as always! Nominated your for an award!

http://dinafarmerphotography.wordpress.com/2011/12/12/the-versatile-blogger-award/

 
under construction