March 18, 2009

poppies


click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

The poppies are popping in California, and it's quite a sight...



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Our winter rains came very late this year -- but it rained buckets, cats, and dogs -- much to the delight of the wildflowers and grasses.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney


CLICK to visit my Daily-Duo
CLICK to visit KittyBLOG -- the daily doings of my cat.
CLICK for what I call my BIG site.


Your comments are invited and welcome.

5 comments:

Louise said...

If it was to the delight of the flowers, it was to the delight of me. These are wonderful. I didn't realize they were so early, but what a nice way to spend March!

Anonymous said...

When I lived in the foothills, a heavier-than-usual spring rain always meant an explosion of wildflowers, and was a wonderful sight! Love the poppies!

Lew said...

Beautiful! The fog and city in the backgorund make this a quintessential view of the bay area. I especially like the header!

Tomate Farcie said...

Oh, you went to Marin Headlands! I saw a couple of strange birds last time I was there. Not sure if they were very large hawks or brown eagles (?). A little scary. The flowers are out here, too. Pretty cool shots, and great colors!

photowannabe said...

Ahhh that really makes me feel Spring has arrived. I love the poppies and the shot with The City in the background is great.

 
under construction