July 19, 2010

Carmel Mission, part two


click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

O.k., just so you understand -- you DO know that I meant the background to be slightly out of focus, don't you?

I only mention this because the photo might not look quite right given just a quick glance. Anyway, I was playing with selective focus by using a fairly large lens aperture.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Hey, it looks like a good gig... Strive to be head mucky-muck at Mission San Carlos Borromeo del Rio Carmelo and you just might someday wear this beautiful crown of gold.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

And how DID I know that I was going to take this hallway photo? -- oh, probably because I used to shoot the exact same view when I was a kid, oh so many years ago.

Now here's the deal on this photo -- except for a slight amount of sharpening, no post-processing was done to the original image. This is a rare occurrence -- there's usually all sorts of behind-the-scenes adjustments and hocus-pocus going on with my photos. You're not supposed to notice -- that's the goal.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

This was the dusty and wild west -- a priest needed to wash up on a regular basis. That mirror was probably shipped "around the horn" from Europe.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

In the center it looks as if part of a word has gone missing. What could it be? The place the priest kept putting his finger or pointer? Or maybe it was a bad or strong word that needed censorship?

Growing up in a very straight-laced family, we kids were STRONGLY discouraged in saying bad or strong words. Better not say "HELL" around my mother -- or there would be "HELL" to pay. And don't even THINK about saying anything else. Best idea yet -- just don't think -- no way of getting into trouble THAT way...


CLICK to visit my Daily-Duo
CLICK to visit KittyBLOG -- the daily doings of my cat.
CLICK for what I call my BIG site.


Your comments are invited and welcome.

4 comments:

Emmy said...

Very nice pictures; so beautiful! And, it was actually rather touching that you would take photos of the same hallway you used to photograph as a child; it gives us a little insight into your character; it looks like you always have (and always will be) a photographer ;)

MELI. said...

so cool. i loved going to the missions as a kid. that crown shot is super!
:D m.

photowannabe said...

Great hallway perspective and the dusty still life really needs to be framed.

Anonymous said...

Great photos - Mission Carmel holds a dear place in my heart, as my wife & I got married next door

 
under construction