July 28, 2010

along the way to China Camp


click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Forty years ago, everyone passing by on their way to China Camp would scratch their heads and wonder what this sculpture was all about. And they still do -- the mystery continues today.

What crazed metal sculptor pulled this off? Does it have a title? What is the significance of those short stubby nails piercing metal? Oh heck, I could think of all sorts of questions to ask.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

I'm just going to leave this one to your imagination, folks. Be careful...



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

I found this fine specimen of a Cat-Tail along the way to China Camp.
I used it on Sunday's edition of KittyBLOG.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

This is my new "thing" -- shooting through Volunteer Oats or whatever else might be at hand. I kind of like the depth -- hope you do too.


CLICK to visit my Daily-Duo
CLICK to visit KittyBLOG -- the daily doings of my cat.
CLICK for what I call my BIG site.


Your comments are invited and welcome.

2 comments:

photowannabe said...

I definitely like your new thing of shooting through volunteer oats. It gives such an interesting perspective.
Love the abstracts too.

John @ Beans and I on the Loose said...

Not only the volunteer oats but other vegatation also, like the cat tails for instance, I like how you shoot them close with interesting out of focus (dof) landscape behind. I just need to practice this myself.

 
under construction