July 17, 2010

afternoon in Sausalito, California, part 2


click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Nautically speaking, Sausalito is a rich mix of yachts and more humble craft, like the funky houseboats down the road. (I'll get back to those eventually)

I'd be willing to go-out-on-a-limb here and say that Sausalito has just about anything that can float-your-boat. And cool machinery to haul it in or out of the water, or whatever in the world this artful piece of machinery does.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Oh, I suppose I've previously told about Heather Wilcoxon and her fabulous art car -- decorated with every small toy and thing imaginable.

I knew Heather many years ago, when she was probably driving this car around town. The art car sits rather permanently at Galilee Harbor and Heather lives on her houseboat out yonder. She's a successful artist, has exhibited widely and also teaches.

Heather won't mind if I mention that she is the daughter of actor Henry Wilcoxon and actress Joan Woodbury. Despite her fortunate upbringing Heather lives a very frugal life -- seemingly rich in the product of her rather whacky imagination.   CLICK for Heather Wilcoxon's website.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

One huge reward of going to Sausalito is sinking your teeth into something scrumptous and/or completely over the top. Bring some money.

But stop the presses -- I bet this particular restaurant might be a bit less pretentious and expensive than the classier places in the center of town. It was closed, but this is the interior of Lighthouse Restaurant on Bridgeway. I shot the photo through their sparkling clean window.   (10 points)



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

It's a pretty good bet that if you come to Sausalito you will be getting your munchies on. The candy store is now out of business but there is no shortage of other munchable goodies.   Bring some money.


CLICK to visit my Daily-Duo
CLICK to visit KittyBLOG -- the daily doings of my cat.
CLICK for what I call my BIG site.


Your comments are invited and welcome.

1 comment:

photowannabe said...

Great candy store sign. Sausalito is so eclectic. Haven't been there for a few years.
Always love seeing what catches your eye.

 
under construction