July 16, 2010

afternoon in Sausalito, California, part 1


click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Sausalito is a trip! And it's an adventure into extremes.
Something for just about everybody -- be sure to bring a little cash...



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Visitors from the north on Bridgeway Boulevard are greeted by a massive display of Nasturshums cascading over a hillside and retaining wall.

Sausalito is a beautiful little place along the shores of San Francisco Bay -- just the other side of the Golden Gate Bridge.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Take a load off. Have a bench and some sun. Throw in some pretty scenery for good measure...



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

I try to seize on every opportunity to to photograph our beloved Mount Tamalpais. I'd like to shoot her from every angle and from every distance. And in all of her moods -- and believe me, she has several.

This is MARIN COUNTY, and of course "marin" is Spanish for "marine", and since we have the Pacific Ocean on one side of us, and San Francisco Bay on the other, the title of "Marin" County seems to be quite appropriate.


CLICK to visit my Daily-Duo
CLICK to visit KittyBLOG -- the daily doings of my cat.
CLICK for what I call my BIG site.


Your comments are invited and welcome.

5 comments:

Rhett Redelings said...

You came to Sausalito and didn't contact me? Okay, now I *am* starting to take this personally!

AphotoAday said...

Oh yeah, Rhett, I THOUGHT you hung out in Sausalito -- and next time I will...

AphotoAday said...

...contact you

(((a bit spaced out here)))

Rhett Redelings said...

Actually, I work in Sausalito. So, you know, any time...

Cheers!

photowannabe said...

Love the shots. I guess I say that all the time don't I??
the nastersiums (yikes...sp.??)are gorgeous.

 
under construction