December 31, 2009

Alpine Lake / Alpine Dam, Mt. Tamalpais


click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Gosh...   Yesteday a few of you really liked this shot when it was banner-size -- thank you very much.

The titles "Alpine Lake" and "Alpine Dam" are used interchangeably but I think "Lake" sounds nicer.   This is a dam that you can drive across -- it's on the Fairfax to Bolinas Road -- you can't miss it!



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Amazingly, during the week there's very few people exploring this northern area of Mount Tamalpais -- I guess everybody else has better things to do...



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

I think this is my favorite...   Hope you like it too.   Can you see the clouds?   All I did was point the camera and snap.


CLICK to visit my Daily-Duo
CLICK to visit KittyBLOG -- the daily doings of my cat.
CLICK for what I call my BIG site.


Your comments are invited and welcome.

3 comments:

Müge said...

Fantastic photos dear Donald! I can see the clouds in the last one! :-) The first one is perfect but I also loved very much the second photo, the two ducks (?) swimming in the lake give life to that mysterious place! :-)

I wish you a Wonderful New Year full of Happiness and Joy!

Cheers,

Tomate Farcie said...

Wow, look at that banner!!! Looks perfect, like fireworks.

Happy new year right back at you and thank you for continuing this labor of love, one day at a time.

TF

Rhett Redelings said...

Alpine Dam... I haven't been there since this summer when I first got my DSLR. Great, evocative shots! Thank you for sharing the fruits of your vision with us.

 
under construction