December 02, 2009

Rodeo Beach


click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

In the Marin Headlands, in the Point Bonita area, it's called Rodeo Beach, but I've never known why...



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Maybe they named it Rodeo Beach because of the wild and bucking waves...



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Or maybe someone saw a horse, I just don't know...


CLICK to visit my Daily-Duo
CLICK to visit KittyBLOG -- the daily doings of my cat.
CLICK for what I call my BIG site.


Your comments are invited and welcome.

5 comments:

Marcie said...

These ocean scenes are magical. Love the light..love everything about them!

AphotoAday said...

WELL THANK YOU MARCIE -- It's only 5:35AM and you've already made my day... Hope you have a good one too...
Don.

photowannabe said...

Just love that last shot with the horse and rider framed in the misty rocks. Nice one Don.

Tomate Farcie said...

Where did that horse come from?!! That's a good one!
Looks like it was really cold and wet, that day!

AphotoAday said...

HI T.F.,
Well, there is that big horse barn on the way out there, but I seldom see people riding them -- this is the first one I had seen on the beach...

And it wasn't terribly cold, but that's a good guess because it usually is -- I think there have been storms in Alaska that have kicked up all this wave activity...

 
under construction