December 17, 2009

more Webb Creek at Steep Ravine


click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

We're getting our first rains now, so a lot of water is soaking into the soil, but later, after another big storm or two, our creeks will be exceedingly full and spectacular.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

This water doesn't know it yet, but it's about one mile from spilling out onto the coastline about two miles south of Stinson Beach.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Getting there:

As the  map  explains, there's two ways to approach Steep Ravine and Webb Creek.
Getting there is a breeze.

It depends on whether you want to explore the whole trail (including a steep section) all the way up from Highway One ((( point A on the map ))), or from a point where Panoramic Highway comes close to Steep Ravine, leaving only a short connector trail ((( which is also part of Dipsea Trail))) to ramble down to the "upper part" of this area.

This "upper part" is where the spectacular redwoods are -- it's really quite a sight -- I think it's probably the prettiest place on Mount Tamalpais.   Just a little bit out of the way, but well worth the effort, especially after a rainstorm.


CLICK to visit my Daily-Duo
CLICK to visit KittyBLOG -- the daily doings of my cat.
CLICK for what I call my BIG site.


Your comments are invited and welcome.

1 comment:

Rhett Redelings said...

Have I ever mentioned how much I love the work you put on your BIG site? Fantastic work, really. Makes my fillings ache...

 
under construction