December 16, 2009

Webb Creek at Steep Ravine


click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

I was in Safeway on Suday and overheard a fellow asking one of the clerks -- not where the tofu was, but where Webb Creek was...   I was almost out of ear-shot but I have big ears, so I listened in, but the clerk hadn't heard of Webb Falls (((not too many people have))).   Anyway, I was standing there in line two checker-stands away trying to get his attention -- he just wouldn't look in my direction -- I could have easily told him it's about two miles south of Stinson Beach right off of Highway One.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Well apparently -- according to this fellow two checkout stands over -- the Webb Creek and Steep Ravine area got a write-up in the newspaper over the weekend, but I don't know which newspaper -- I guess I should go check them online...



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Each Spring a large mass of local loonies have a friendly foot-race starting in Mill Valley on the east side of Mt. Tamalpais -- they huff and puff their way over to Stinson Beach on the west side of Mt. Tam.   Along the way the the Dipsea Race passes through this beautiful area.


by the way, folks...
On Saturday I updated what I call my "big site, www.photoarrow.com, so if you have some time to kill please swing by and take a look.


CLICK to visit my Daily-Duo
CLICK to visit KittyBLOG -- the daily doings of my cat.
CLICK for what I call my BIG site.


Your comments are invited and welcome.

2 comments:

Tomate Farcie said...

WOW!!!
That's what I said when I first loaded the banner! Don't know what else to say , really. Just WOW.

AphotoAday said...

THANKS T.F.,
I've got some more today...
Yeah, I said wow a couple times while I was shooting them... Only about three groups of people out there -- all women, interestingly enough...

 
under construction