December 03, 2009

Sunday morning walk-around


click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Oh, I know, I'm a little bit strange, but one of my favorite things to do very early on a Sunday morning is to peer through the windows of The Stinking Rose.   I like to observe the little still-lifes on the tables left over from the previous evening.





click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

This is a bank on the corner of Columbus and Beach Blanket Babylon Boulevard with the most interesting carvings on it's windows.   I'll have to go back and get some close-up shots.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

I don't know about you, but when I see or hear the term golden zone I have this sudden urge to get up and relieve myself.   Kind of pricey at 99 cents.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

It's not difficult to figure out why so many fruits and vegetables are sold in Chinatown each day -- Chinatown has a massive population and the nearest Safeway is a long way away.   No Safeways and especially no Safeway parking lots leaves more room for more people, and consequently, more fruit and vegetable shoppers.   Anyway, that's what I think.   Here, have a persimmon...


CLICK to visit my Daily-Duo
CLICK to visit KittyBLOG -- the daily doings of my cat.
CLICK for what I call my BIG site.


Your comments are invited and welcome.

1 comment:

photowannabe said...

You made me hungry for persimmons with the great color and freshness.
Love your early morning "still life" too.

 
under construction