January 11, 2009

the elusive Giraffa


click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Well folks, this is the elusive Giraffa -- which (to the delight of some and horror of others) has been popping up for the past few years in some of the most unexpected places...

And while I've probably only spotted a half dozen Giraffas so far, Plug1 from www.whatimseeing.com is the ultimate hunter of Giraffas -- having over 60 of them on his Flickr gallery, including this one in the Marin Headlands.

"A Giraffa in the Marin Headlands?"
Now, I thought I knew the Marin Headlands area pretty well, and I've walked down the dirt road to Kirby Cove (near the Golden Gate Bridge) a few times in the past, but I had never explored the old artillery battery down the hillside along the way.   There it was -- Eureka, I had finally found it!

Since Plug1's shot, some damn redneck with a paintball gun decided to use Giaffra as a target, accounting for the green splatter on Giraffa's left eye and elsewhere.


CLICK to visit my Daily-Duo
CLICK to visit KittyBLOG -- the daily doings of my cat.
CLICK for what I call my BIG site.


Your comments are invited and welcome.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

and his eyeball is popping out.

someone should send a vet over, this Girafa is looking rather nauseous.

AphotoAday said...

Yeah Plug1, I noticed that detail in the Flickr comments...
Makes this one exceptionally special, doesn't it?

Tomate Farcie said...

Giraffa on the loose in Marin County? Oh, my!

Louise said...

Damn rednecks!

Love your header photo today.

 
under construction