January 15, 2009

deYoung Museum's skin


click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

With temperatres approaching 70 degrees, I could think of no better use of my free time on Tuesday than to take a little walk around Golden Gate Park...

I began with a pleasant walk around doughnut shaped Stow Lake (there is an actual mountain inside the perimiter of the lake).   Folks were snacking, strolling, watching the ducks and seagulls float, and some were even practicing their rowboating skills.


click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

There's not a whole lot of blooming going on at the San Francisco Botanical Gardens this time of year, but I had a fine time hunting down a few shapes and colors.   I posted two of the shots on yesterday's edition of DailyDuo if you'd like to take a look...

From there I walked over to the new deYoung Museum, and although I decided to reserve my third visit inside that incredible place for another day, I did get a few snaps of the unusual exterior.

It was a pleasant afternoon, and although card-carrying hermits like myself usually like to explore singularly, I wish you had all been there with me to enjoy the day as much as I did.


CLICK to visit my Daily-Duo
CLICK to visit KittyBLOG -- the daily doings of my cat.
CLICK for what I call my BIG site.


Your comments are invited and welcome.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

The museum's skin has really grown on me. I was skeptical about the whole thing as I watched it being built. I think you have captured the effect they must have been going for.

Yesterday was just beautiful.

Deborah Godin said...

Intriguing surface, to be sure, but I can't get over the 70s degrees... It's too cold here right now for much to do with art!

Tomate Farcie said...

Is that an invitation? ;)

Unfortunately I'm stuck at work during the week, but I could definitely see a visit to the DeYoung and GGPark in the near future on a Sunday or something like that. And I know some talented bloggers who are dying to meet you! ;)

photowannabe said...

Wish I could stroll with you and see the world through your eyes.
I think I have gone around in circles when trying to row too. Great shots of a glorious day.

merlinprincesse said...

But but but..... IT'S SUMMER!!!! :) Have a happy new year! And kisses to both you and Kitty! :)

Matthew Bamberg said...

Thanks for getting the book, Donald. You take great photographs yourself!

 
under construction