January 17, 2009

our beloved tourists


click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

One of my favorite things to do is to is to dress up like a tourist in my green short-sleeved polyester shirt that I bought at RiteAid for $9.95.   The dazed and confused expression typical of a tourist is generally not difficult for me to conjure up -- but a little extra method-acting makes the picture even more believable...

But the capper is driving and parking -- hey, I am here to sightsee, not keep my eyes on the road -- and when it comes to parking I just pretend I don't understand what the international symbol for no-parking means.

Strolling around anywhere in tourist-land, you probably aren't going to overhear anyone speaking English.   They utter the most curious sounding verbage, and say it with enthusiasm!

God bless our tourists.   They are the life-blood of San Francisco.   Natives can barely afford to live here, but the value of the dollar has diminished so much over the past several years that vacationing in San Francisco has got to be one of the best travel deals going...


CLICK to visit my Daily-Duo
CLICK to visit KittyBLOG -- the daily doings of my cat.
CLICK for what I call my BIG site.


Your comments are invited and welcome.

1 comment:

Civic Center said...

I love playing tourist in San Francisco occasionally, even though I've lived here for over 30 years. A couple of Thanksgivings ago, on a warm and gorgeous November day, we ignored tradition and large family gatherings, and spent the afternoon at Fisherman's Wharf with all the foreign-language tourists, eating crab and drinking wine, and it couldn't have been lovelier.

 
under construction