January 20, 2009

open-air opera in San Francisco


click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Well folks, if I had been a better reporter, like Plug1 from www.whatimseeing.com, or Ramsey from www.fogbay.com, I would have gotten the name and some information on this fellow, but a photo of him doing-his-thing is about all I have...

But this open-air opera singer isn't hard to find -- you can hear him from blocks away in San Francisco's Financial District -- the surrounding buildings give his voice an amazing resonance.


CLICK to visit my Daily-Duo
CLICK to visit KittyBLOG -- the daily doings of my cat.
CLICK for what I call my BIG site.


Your comments are invited and welcome.

5 comments:

Louise said...

This is fabulous, without or without name. You take us there, and I can almost hear him.

Anonymous said...

ive seen this guy on Maiden Lane a few times, there is a lady singing, too i remember.

Tomate Farcie said...

That guy is good (well, for a street artist, at least!)! I gave him a few dollars, once. He was so out-of-place right there in the FD, singing Opera, I don't know, my wallet just opened spontaneously. You got a great shot!

photowannabe said...

Awesome. I guess the tall buildings give the resonance of maybe singing in the shower...
Love this shot Don.

Anonymous said...

Looks like he got the power, all right!!

 
under construction