January 14, 2009

mossy rocks on Lagunitas Creek


click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Hi Folks,

Just wanted to thank everybody for being so understanding about yesterday's post -- I really had to get that off my chest...   And I don't want to give you the wrong impression that I do not love this country -- it's been very good to me and I am deeply appreciative -- but I am almost overwhelmed by the direction this country has taken since that scoundrel in the White House took office eight long and costly years ago...

I truly hope I am wrong about 9-11...   And for the sake of mental health, I try not to dwell on it too much...   And I should probably try to stay off my soapbox, because the LAST thing I want to do is shatter someone else's dreams...

Soooooooooooo, folks, thanks for hanging-in with me -- I REALLY appreciate you stopping by to see my photos -- and in the coming weeks I will try to supply us with more than enough beauty to get us through this...

Best regards, Don and Kitty

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Not to toot my own horn, but I really like today's photo -- It's probably because I seem to have a personal attachment to that spot on the Lagunitas Creek...

What the Lagunitas Creek needs right now is a huge rainstorm -- that's the signal for the Coho Salmon to make their way upstream to spawn...   The Coho Salmon is now a federally protected species, but their numbers have declined dramatically over the past few decades due to over-fishing, polution, and God knows what else...   And no, don't even THINK of fishing in the Lagunitas Creek...


CLICK to visit my Daily-Duo
CLICK to visit KittyBLOG -- the daily doings of my cat.
CLICK for what I call my BIG site.


Your comments are invited and welcome.

4 comments:

Tash said...

Great photos of all the subjects. Wish you and Kitty a nice day.

photowannabe said...

Love the rushing water and the vivid colors.
Keep the beauty coming and keep your opinions coming too. Its your blog and I like knowing all the facits of you. (:0)
Sue

Tomate Farcie said...

What Sue said.

Civic Center said...

Toot your own horn. That's an exquisite photo, and as a fellow photographer I know that a lot of capturing a great photo is just luck, light and momentary inspiration.

 
under construction