January 23, 2009

splish, splash, I was taking a bath


click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

((( Now, if you're as old as dirt, like me, you may remember this oldie-but-goodie written by Bobby Darin )))

Splish splash, I was taking a bath
Long about a Saturday night
A rub dub, just relaxing in the tub
Thinking everything was alright

Well, I stepped out the tub, put my feet on the floor
I wrapped the towel around me
And I opened the door, and then
Splish, splash! I jumped back in the bath
Well how was I to know there was a party going on

They was a-splishing and a-splashing, reelin' with the feelin'
Moving and a-grooving, rocking and a-rolling, yeah

Bing bang, I saw the whole gang
Dancing on my living room rug, yeah
Flip flop, they was doing the bop
All the teens had the dancing bug

There was Lollipop with-a Peggy Sue
Good golly, Miss Molly was-a even there, too
A-well-a, splish splash, I forgot about the bath
I went and put my dancing shoes on, yeah

I was a rolling and a-strolling, reeling with the feeling
Moving and a-groovin', splishing and a-splashing, yeah

Yes, I was a-splishing and a-splashing, I was a-rolling and a-strolling
Yeah, I was a-moving and a-grooving, we was a-reeling with the feeling
We was a-rolling and a-strolling, moving with the grooving
Splish splash, yeah

Yes, I was a-splishing and a-splashing
I was a-splishing and a-splashing
I was a-moving and a-grooving...

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Need more?   Check out this cute video on YouTube.com:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBkpVfU_2dk


CLICK to visit my Daily-Duo
CLICK to visit KittyBLOG -- the daily doings of my cat.
CLICK for what I call my BIG site.


Your comments are invited and welcome.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your photo is such a beautiful "abstraction" of water. And the oldie is on my hit parade, too!

photowannabe said...

I knew I was as old as dirt!!!
Love the spray. Nice photo as usual.

Marvin said...

We seem to have an older than dirt convention going here -- and a great photo to illustrate it.

 
under construction