November 20, 2008

alders at Muddy Hollow


click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

On Tuesday I was out at Point Reyes National Seashore, and I took a little side-trip to a place I've always wondered about, but because of the implied danger was never really willing to travel to -- Muddy Hollow...

And yes, Muddy Hollow is a hollow...   And I can imagine it getting muddy.   The road is dirt and makes a steep descent down to the hollow -- it's probably very slippery in the rain...

But what most interested me was these alder trees, not far from the trailhead.
I was trying out my "selective focus" technique...


click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney


click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney


CLICK to visit my Daily-Duo
CLICK to visit KittyBLOG -- the daily doings of my cat.
CLICK for what I call my BIG site.


Your comments are invited and welcome.

4 comments:

Tomate Farcie said...

Pretty cool! I noticed the first picture yesterday, it really jumps at you. The bark on those trees is really photogenic. I can't find a translation for the name of these trees right now, but I'm pretty sure I've seen them before in Europe. I love trees.

Photo Cache said...

Pt Reyes is so huge, I have been there countless of times, but I feel like I have never even scratched the surface. Which part of it is your favorite?

photowannabe said...

Well your technique really worked. Love the Alder trees. Muddy Hollow sounds like a place from the movie Deliverence...kind of creepy.

AphotoAday said...

HI PHOTO CACHE,
Well, I guess my favorite places at Point Reyes would have to be the Chimney Rock area when the wildflowers are at their peak, and also the Pierce Point Dairy -- it's always fun to explore, and I know I'm lucky if I spot some Tule Elk on the way...

 
under construction