November 08, 2008

foggy morning, Mount Tamalpais


click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

This is a view of our beloved Mount Tamalpais (2571 ft.) from the small town of Kentfield, California.   Many "locals" refer to her as The Sleeping Lady -- at a particular angle the mountain looks like a lady in repose...

In addition to hiking and mountain-biking on a million miles of trails, Mt. Tamalpais serves as our domestic water source -- and unless we go into a drought, it's streams, lakes, and waterfalls will be gushing soon.   If you didn't already know, they're very photogenic...

This photo was taken looking towards the west -- and yes, that fog is advancing at a pretty good clip over the little fire-lookout on the top of the mountain.   Except for the sunrise redness in the foggy clouds, this display of fog is not an uncommon sight.


CLICK to visit my Daily-Duo
CLICK to visit KittyBLOG -- the daily doings of my cat.
CLICK for what I call my BIG site.


Your comments are invited and welcome.

7 comments:

SandyCarlson said...

That is a very romantic photo! Gorgeous coloring. The fog seems to be a sheet folding itself around the sleeping lady.

photowannabe said...

Great angle and composition of our foggy mountain. Love the rosy color.

Tomate Farcie said...

Nice shot!

chrome3d said...

Very photogenic fog all over the place.

Louise said...

Why are mountains always sleeping? I call my mountain the sleeping giant. To me it looks like a giant on its back.

Anywy, love the photo. The pink in the fog is magical.

Texas Travelers said...

Great photo. I Love the exposure and contrast with the touch of color.

I always like the posts and photos of the "Mountain".

Troy

Kathie Brown said...

I always like fog on a mountain or a mountain with low hung clouds. It makes it seem as if the mountain is alive and expressing itself. Yours is a bit moody today!

 
under construction