November 13, 2008

Pacific Ocean and clouds


click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

When I was up on Ridgecrest Boulevard (Mount Tamalpais) yesterday I ran into a film-crew shooting yet another car commercial -- it's one of their favorite places to shoot -- they love the twisty little road right along the crest of the ridge.

The scenery can't be beat -- the Golden Gate Bridge is a short distance to the south, and Point Reyes is just to the north.   Hang-gliders launch from here and land on the white sands of Stinson Beach, almost 2,000 feet below.


CLICK to visit my Daily-Duo
CLICK to visit KittyBLOG -- the daily doings of my cat.
CLICK for what I call my BIG site.


Your comments are invited and welcome.

8 comments:

Catherine said...

Metallic shade, that's almost impossible to define the skyline.
Great place to take wonderful pictures of an atmosphere.

Anonymous said...

Very beautiful...just love the neutral colors and the little bit of grasses for contrast.

Tomate Farcie said...

So you're selling prints? That's a GREAT idea. Right on time for Xmas, too. Excellent! You should advertise on your blog, right on the template.

Photo Cache said...

anywhere you look around those parts you'll find a most wonderful vista. you are so lucky to live so close by.

Suz Broughton said...

Really beautiful. The scenery there really CAN't be beat.
I used to live in SF and sometimes would work on Car commercials across the bay.
Suz

chrome3d said...

The tales start where the sky and sea blends.

photowannabe said...

I have run out of supurlitives for my comments. I guess wow will have to do. The tones are spectacular.

ruma said...

The scene is really grand, and solemn...

I am enlightened by your splendid works.
I thank for the beautiful scenery...

From the Far East.
Greetings.
ruma

 
under construction