November 21, 2008

sunset above Mt. Tamalpais


click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Sometimes the sun and clouds put on quite a show at sunset...

I shot this from the spit at Loch Lomond Harbor, between San Rafael and China Camp.   It's a popular place to walk dogs and fish.   ( What? -- you've never walked a fish? )

Oh by the way, I've decided not to participate in Sky Watch Friday, Show Your World Tuesday, and ABC Wednesday because the advertisement I am running in my sidebar isn't allowed.   Please stay in touch -- I've met some great people out here!


CLICK to visit my Daily-Duo
CLICK to visit KittyBLOG -- the daily doings of my cat.
CLICK for what I call my BIG site.


Your comments are invited and welcome.

5 comments:

Jo's-D-Eyes said...

Hi Don,
Nice sky colours and I like the orange too, we have dark sky's here becaue the winter is arriving.

My birthday was great we enjoyed ouselves , come and see on my blog my impressions:

My blog is here: www.joannwalraven.blogspot.com
Good weekend wishes from me

Greetings from "JoAnn's D Eyes"

chrome3d said...

That was quite a show once again! Mysterious and spectacular.

Sorry to hear that you don´t participate in SWF. I don´t think static ads are a big problem, it´s more to do with real spam ads and spyware and that doesn´t look like one to me.

Tomate Farcie said...

That's a shame. I'm sure they have their reasons for putting out these *rules* but that little tree on the side bar isn't harming anybody, and if you don't tell us there are prints available, how are we going to know? :)

Personally, I think your blog looks better without all the little stuff you had sitting there before on the left. The awards are sweet and everything, but you don't want a template that becomes so busy that it distracts too much from the main focus: your beautiful photography. Just my opinion, of course.

Another great shot of Mt. Tam!

Ivar Østtun said...

This is one great shot. Excellent contrast and colors. Well done

photowannabe said...

Well ... Boo - Hiss to the rules. I'll still visit because I always have, but so many won't see your fantastic work now.
Congratulations on starting your business. I wish you many orders.
Sue

 
under construction