November 10, 2008

and more golden water

click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Exposure:   slightly under-exposed -- 1/200 second at f-4.   ISO 100.
Photoshop:   adjusted high level, and brought up low values with curves.

CLICK to visit my Daily-Duo
CLICK to visit KittyBLOG -- the daily doings of my cat.
CLICK for what I call my BIG site.

Your comments are invited and welcome.


Texas Travelers said...

There is no doubt that you are the Master of water, ripples, and color.

Thanks for the tech info.

Another great photo.


PS: Contrary to sensational news reporting, the insects in 99% of Alaska are no worse than in the lower 48. However, there are spots up in the Arctic Region on the North Slope with insect swarms that are scary, and required a head net and lightweight gloves to get out and do photography. You know, anything for the "special shot".

chrome3d said...

A touch of violet this time looks great.

Kathiesbirds said...

Looks like art to me. A "gold foil" painting perhaps? Well done!

Marvin said...

You do reflections so well. (Lots of other subjects, too, but your reflections are special.)

Müge said...

I adore these golden water photos dear Donald! Splendid pictures!

Catherine said...

You speak Canon language?
I haven't learnt it but I would have said Claude Monet's effects on this one.
So much technic for a so poetic result!

dutchbaby said...

After seeing your comments so often adjacent to mine on fogbay, I thought I'd pay you a visit. I love these liquid gold photos.

kRiZ cPEc said...

great shot.

under construction