November 12, 2008

"q"uirky -- it's ABC Wednesday !


click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Hope everybody found a good "q" for ABC Wednesday !

I'd say this person is rather "q"uirky, wouldn't you ?
But he's probably just as normal as you or me -- he probably just likes to have fun, and does what comes natural...

But if you weren't one of the billion people who lined San Francisco's Market Street earlier this year to witness the annual Pride Parade, then let me tell you that you missed out on one heck of a party !

And keep in mind that you don't have to be gay to enjoy the bash (I'm not) -- all you need is an open mind and a sense of humor.   Fancy dress is optional...

CLICK for six more photos from the 2008 Pride Parade
and CLICK again for six more


CLICK to visit my Daily-Duo
CLICK to visit KittyBLOG -- the daily doings of my cat.
CLICK for what I call my BIG site.


Your comments are invited and welcome.

19 comments:

Adventure girl said...

Awesome "Q"!
I wish I could go.
My oldest, Megs, lived in Berkley a year and a half ago so she spent some time in San Fran;)

Raquel Sabino Pereira said...

Ha ha ha!! That's hilarious!!! Wonderful choice for Q!!!!!!

On behalf of ABC TEAM, I thank you very much for this brilliant choice!!!!

(now let's start thinking about «R»...)

Have a nice Week!!!

Anonymous said...

Super! :-)

Suburbia said...

Fantastically coulourful photo. Looks great fun to be there :)

Anonymous said...

well done, don -- great capture!!

chrome3d said...

Britney Spears should shave the beard next time (s(he goes out.

Neva said...

what a hoot! Good word choice for today!

Tomate Farcie said...

Q... Of course!!!

My bet is, if you asked him straight (no pun intended) he would probably tell you "Why, yes, I am queer" without any malice or negative feeling, and a bit of pride. The vast majority of people I've met in the gay community in the San Francisco Bay Area are really, really nice people (which makes me even more sorry about Prop. 8, enuf said ;)

I just came from Claude's blog (in France) and she said she couldn't figure out what to photograph for the letter Q. It's true that in French, it's a little harder ... although "Q" prounounced in French also means "...ss" in French (sorry but you brought it up! ;)

Time for me to log off and get my "Q" to work. Bye for now.

Louise said...

Quirky, yes. I'd say fancy dress shouldn't be optional!

nonizamboni said...

What a great collection of photos--loved the aerial view of the yamulkes.
Thanks for sharing a clever 'q' post.

Mari said...

Oh my...!!! :-D What a... beauty??? :-D

Elizabeth said...

Yes, pretty quirky, I'd say - but a super picture.
We live in Chelsea New York where this sort of thing isn't that unusual........
My clouds with the pink tinge lasted about 3 minutes.........

kRiZcPEc said...

funny!

earthlingorgeous said...

This one can pass as another Q word :P Queer! Quirky Queer :P hehehe!

By the way, maybe you would like to join my bloggy anniversary giveaway :)

Earth

Bear Naked said...

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am QUITE late this week visiting your blog.
I was feeling QUEAZY yesterday.


Bear((( )))

Catherine said...

We crossed the Pride here in Paris, by chance. You've been quite reasonable, because there are much more eccentric persons.

Suz Broughton said...

Memories, light the corner....
I used to live on 18th and Castro, so this was my hood, these were my peeps. I miss it up there sometimes. It was wild.
Suz

CherryPie said...

Most definitely quirky!

spacedlaw said...

That is quite a colourful Q!
The pride parade must have been something to behold indeed.

 
under construction