November 22, 2008

Big Rock at Lucas Valley


click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Big Rock has always been a favorite spot of the younger generation for leaving their mark with thier initials, names, and other cryptic comments.

That all stopped when LucasFilm (no relation to the Lucas the valley is named after) purchased the property -- they erased years of built-up paint, and put a fence around the 30'x30' rock -- complete with motion detector and camera.   Nobody has messed with Big Rock since...


CLICK to visit my Daily-Duo
CLICK to visit KittyBLOG -- the daily doings of my cat.
CLICK for what I call my BIG site.


Your comments are invited and welcome.

5 comments:

chrome3d said...

That sad story makes me want to see more graffiti.

Tomate Farcie said...

Oh, yeah, you don't want to mess with George Lucas's cameras ;)

All the time I lived in Marin, I thought they had renamed the valley for him.

photowannabe said...

Well I guess when you have the bucks you can spend them anyway the spirit moves...

Chica, Cienna, and Cali said...

lonely big rock!!!!!!!

Unknown said...

I remember in the late '60's that some spray painted "ThunderChicken" on Big Rock. It was there for years. I worked for Manual Gonsalves at the Big Rock Dairy in the summer of 1970. Fed cows and helped baby calves and fixed fences. He later sold the ranch to George Lucas.

 
under construction