November 25, 2008

sunset


click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

The sun often turns into a creative sculpture as it does a little dance on the horizon and sinks into the Pacific...

My lens isn't terribly long, so I had to crop this image down quite a bit for this fragment.   I gave it a treatment with Photoshop's "smart blur" filter to smooth out the image and hide a bit of noise.


CLICK to visit my Daily-Duo
CLICK to visit KittyBLOG -- the daily doings of my cat.
CLICK for what I call my BIG site.


Your comments are invited and welcome.

9 comments:

kjpweb said...

Beautiful and awe-inspiring!
Cheers, Klaus

Tomate Farcie said...

I've left my Photography for Dummy book at home so I guess I'm gonna ask a silly question, sorry about that. What would happen to the photograph if you had a longer lens? What happened before you cropped? Just curious.

Thanks for your comment on my wordy make-up post, by the way!

Tomate Farcie said...

Oh, I completely forgot what I was going to say... That tree reflextion picture, up there is absolutely breathtaking!!!

AphotoAday said...

THANKS KLAUS for the comment -- I enjoyed your great post today...

AND THANKS TOMATE FARCIE:
Well, if I had a longer lens the sun would appear larger, so I wouldn't have had to crop (scale) the photo so much.

chrome3d said...

Simple yet it has so many beautiful elements. Aren´t sculptures always creative?

photowannabe said...

It looks like a tent on the desert. love it Don. Colors are fantastic.

Jane Hards Photography said...

Simply sensational

Chica, Cienna, and Cali said...

so the sea swallowed the glowing ball of fire!!!!

Bear Naked said...

Awesome just awesome.
Nature at her finest.

Bear((( )))

 
under construction