November 03, 2008

Henry's, San Francisco


click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Well, the only question is why they've sort of painted over "beer and wine" -- because I'm pretty sure Henry still sells both...   But at 7AM last Sunday Henry's was closed and wasn't selling anything...

I feel a need to know if Henry is still working there...
And I feel a need to know if they, for sure, are selling wine and beer...
Next time I find my self in the vicinity of Second and Mission at a more reasonable hour I'll have to drop in and shoot-the-bull...   They'll probably look at me like I'm some sort of nut...


CLICK to visit my Daily-Duo
CLICK to visit KittyBLOG -- the daily doings of my cat.
CLICK for what I call my BIG site.


Your comments are invited and welcome.

7 comments:

chrome3d said...

Maybe they are expanding their range and will have the new text soon. It could be wise in these days?

Tomate Farcie said...

Don't know the answer to that. My visits to bars are few and far between these days, but it's not all that far from here, so maybe I'll go and have a look later when it stops raining and will let you know what I find out.

Is it my imagination or are we seeing a lot of businesses closing their doors lately?

AphotoAday said...

HELLO TOMATE FARCIE:

Yeah, I have noticed a lot of busnesses closing... I've got a buddy whose son got laid off from an architectural firm -- unemployment could get really ugly...

And yeah, I remember the gasthauses of Germany -- they were great, and this was the time of year to tye one on... Stnitzel, Çorcon-Bleu, and local beer -- ah it was good...

photowannabe said...

Interesting sign and perhaps a sign of the times Don.

Louise said...

I would have had no curiosity about this in the least, but now I need to know, too. You better go soon!

Anonymous said...

Well I don't think there is a ban for selling beer ans wine in California dear Donald ... I'm sorry to hear that business are closing in the USA but it's a bit the same everywhere in the world nowadays since we're living a global crisis. 2009 will be a very difficult year say the economists.

Best regards,

Müge

p.s. I've changed the address of my blog due to the ban of Blogger in my country two weeks ago. Although the ban is over now I continue at my new address:

http://wonder-turquette.over-blog.com/

Tomate Farcie said...

Blogger was banned ? Wow, that's interesting...

OK, Don, if you do go back, then, you're gonna have to update us! I was curious so I checked out the place after work. Unfortunately, it was already closed so I didn't learn anything new except, maybe how to frame a shot! ;) I would never have thought to crop the sign that way.

 
under construction