September 01, 2013

"test of time" 1 of 30 - Nuns at Point Lobos, 1963


photo by Donald Kinney

Robert Lewis Stevenson called Point Lobos, between Carmel and Big Sur, "the-greatest-meeting-of-land-and-water-in-the-world". And as a young teenager with a camera, I saw the place as a fertile area for discovery.
I quickly realized the importance of "just-being-there" and walking in the footsteps of my idol; Edward Weston, and those of my hero; Ansel Adams.

I probably spent an inordinate amount of time at Point Lobos. And of course spooking around the freeform sandstone shapes eroded by water was an endless source of delight. It was just by chance that I happened to look up one afternoon and notice these nuns on what was probably a rare outing.


CLICK for 40 photos on what I call my "big site"; photoarrow.com.
CLICK for "Photographing Marin County"; my Marin County exhibit.

No comments:

 
under construction