August 01, 2012

The Story of Kitty - part 2 of 2


photo by Donald Kinney

So now, this is really weird... Like I'm stepping back in time, "doing" yet another daily edition--for 7 years Kitty and I banged out  KittyBLOG.
As I mentioned yesterday, Kitty would almost always be right here on my lap advising me on spelling, punctuation, and sentence structure.



photo by Donald Kinney

Kitty had some limitations when it came to speech, but she never really needed words--she could easily get her point across with those big saucer-like eyes.



photo by Donald Kinney

Occasionally, I would fail to live up to her standards and she would give me "the look". Stern but kind... What choice did I have but to behave?, Early on in our relationship I learned to obey her demands and cater to her every whim. (((Non-cat lovers can insert your inevitable groans here)))



photo by Donald Kinney

So would I ever try to replace Kitty with another? Probably not... The rewards are huge, but being a dad to a cat is a large and ominous responsibility.

So, this past year I've been enjoying the plethora of cats belonging to others in my neighborhood. The beauty from down on the corner comes to visit almost every day. Two from upstairs also fall-by on a regular basis. And there are others. I used to call this place "Kittyland", and it still is, sort of...

But for Kitty, I'm afraid I'm going to carry around a huge hole in my heart for a very long time. I suppose life will go on, albeit without the little creature named Kitty that taught me about all the different colors of love.

photo by Donald Kinney



CLICK for new slideshow on my "BIG" photo website.

4 comments:

John @ Beans and I on the Loose said...

A very nice tribute to Kitty. For me, I could never be without a cat in my life.

AphotoAday said...

Thanks SINBAD'S DAD. I'm sure your Sinbad appreciates the love and care he gets. It's a pretty good deal for everyone involved.

photowannabe said...

Touching tribute to your missed Kitty.
I posted several Kitty pictures today too.

jbelinsky1122 said...

Once again I am filled with gratitude with the love you and Kitty shared for all those years. She was /is a beautiful soul and very special. I'm so glad you two ended up together.

Love,
Jolie

 
under construction