August 08, 2012

exploring Chinatown on a Saturday


click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Oops--in my mind's eye, this shot didn't quite hit its mark... You can probably see what I was going for, but I seem to have "overworked" it to oblivion. And fool around with it in Photoshop, I did. I should known that the image was a lost cause from the start, but here is the original, un-doctored:




click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Saturday's adventure in Chinatown was later in the day than my usual early morning walk-arounds. Old or young, it is a busy place.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

I am always amazed by the amount of detail in Chinese fabrics. And there you go--a culture without buttons and zippers. How ingenious...



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Who would have known--just up the stairs is home to the alumni association for Sun Yat-Sen University! Sun Yat-sen was a Chinese revolutionary and first president and founding father of the Republic of China.



CLICK for new slideshow on my "BIG" photo website.

No comments:

 
under construction