August 05, 2012

pilings at China Camp, revisited


click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

It's what photographers do--they "turn each other on" with ideas and places. And just perhaps there is a bit of monkey-see-monkey-do too--who knows...



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

It was my photo-friend Rhett Redelings who "turned me on" to these pilings. Of course, I had known about this collection of pilings for years, but never had stopped to see if I could photograph them.

With the exception of the last photo (below), these two (above) are actually panoramas, made up of four or five vertical slices of the image stitched automatically and seamlessly together in Photoshop. It is SO easy!
Why not just use a wide-angle lens, you ask? Um, because I don't own one?



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

So, man and his dock has come and gone.
So has, pretty much, his State of California Park.
Egrets and Seagulls, in their wet wilderness remain, and probably wonder.


CLICK for new slideshow on my "BIG" photo website.

No comments:

 
under construction