August 15, 2012

Hands, Bolinas Cemetery


click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

As I was describing yesterday, the town of Bolinas is an isolated refuge--both in its location AND in the minds of its residents, breathing or not.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

A little secret here--not that it is ever going to happen, but if I was ever able to re-invent myself I would sign-on to be a shepherd. The careful carver of head-stones and sad angels would probably be my second choice.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Rarely do I visit Bolinas without stopping by the cemetery--usually just to say hello to this sad-eyed lady of stone. Peaceful and assuring, isn't she?


CLICK for new slideshow on my "BIG" photo website.

2 comments:

photowannabe said...

Really love the hands of the sad-eyed lady of stone.
Cemeteries just are plain fascinating.
I haven't visited for a while, life has just gotten in the way.
Now its time to catch up with your masterpieces.
(:0)
Sue

AphotoAday said...

Hi PHOTOWANNABE SUE -- Thanks for visiting and as usual, I always really appreciate your comments. Don't know about the term "masterpieces", but I AM a faithful student of the craft.

 
under construction