June 25, 2011

Nicasio Lake - early in the morning


click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Just about every day I have to decide on a destination (lucky me) -- but I suppose a lot of days I just arrive some place.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Hopefully it's a beautiful place, or dramatic, or at least interesting.

I was going for a limited focus in these photos -- shooting at f-2.8 is a lot of fun, and since shutter speeds are so high at f-2.8, no tripod is necessary.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

It's nice when the place is still and quiet. Sometimes it can be a secret.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Last year's crop of native Yarrow. The stems are hollow and fragile, yet they'll stand this whole year as skeletons.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

7AM now in this photo, but soon the sun will warm the air. These morning clouds will vanish, giving way to a blue and clear sky.



CLICK for what I call my BIG site.

No comments:

 
under construction