June 04, 2011

Iris, mossy trees -- what a place!


click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

This has definitely been a banner year for our beloved Douglas Iris -- never have I seen more. But the year is marching on and most of the Iris have achieved their heights-of-glory and are now keeling over -- albeit a few, like this gentle soul.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

This stump occupies a particularly moist spot on Mount Tamalpais. For those familiar with the area, this is near where Ridgecrest Boulevard intersects with Fairfax-to-Bolinas Road. It's the low spot on the ridge where fog finds the easiest route -- it's definitely the foggiest location.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

And here's some of that moist fog. I'll have to return for photos when the fog is so thick that visibility is reduced to just a few feet.



CLICK to visit my Daily-Duo.
CLICK to visit KittyBLOG -- the daily doings of my cat.
CLICK for what I call my BIG site.

1 comment:

Bob Horowitz said...

I love that Iris shot, Donald!

 
under construction