June 16, 2011

foggy pines - Hawk Hill - GGNRA


click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

A big "shout out" to my old high-school buddy, Tim J. of Buffalo, New York. In our correspondence over the years we have often discussed the foggy trees in our old hometown of Pacific Grove, California. If you want fog, you want to go to Pacific Grove, California!



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

The ethereal quality, of course is lovely -- but if you have to live in drippy fog day after day after day it can get just a bit depressing. Eventually webs begin to grow between your toes, and if you are so inclined you just might also start growing moss under your chin.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

But I still love it. It's cool when the rest of the world is sweltering in heat. It's our natural air-conditioner, and it's FREE. Give me fog, give me lots of fog.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

So, as you can see, I had a delightful early morning up on Hawk Hill. If you want directions, it's the highest hill within the vicinity of the Golden Gate Bridge. You can't miss it -- unless it is shrouded in fog... Yuck, yuck...



CLICK for what I call my BIG site.

3 comments:

Lucas Kain said...

Amazingly cryptic! Nice catch, sir. Would it be a compliment if I say it reminds me of Twin Peaks?
Good luck!

___
International call

Scott Law said...

I'm a big fan of fog shots. I like these.

AphotoAday said...

Thanks JIMMIE and SCOTT -- appreciate it... Don.

 
under construction