June 22, 2011

Lagunitas Creek - soaking it all in...


click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

The Lagunitas Creek. I call it my own. I suppose because I'm usually the only person out there to soak it all in. This is west Marin County, California, not far north of the Golden Gate Bridge. I call it home.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Someone asked me the length of the mighty Lagunitas, and my quick guess is about 15 miles, with a plethora of streams and "occasional" creeks joining it along the way.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Pretty, isn't it? In the warm shallows you might even find schools of newly hatched Steelhead Trout and Coho Salmon.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

And if there is possibly a more tranquil place than my beloved Lagunitas Creek, please let me know, because when it comes to peace and tranquility, I just can't to seem to get enough of the stuff.



CLICK for what I call my BIG site.

No comments:

 
under construction