June 18, 2011

China Camp -- here we go again


click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Oh lord, you don't expect me to run through the full story of China Camp every time I post some photos from there, do you?

So I'll give you the short version -- which is to say that China Camp is a remnant of a late 1800's Chinese shrimp netting and drying operation on the banks of San Pablo Bay, the upper "thumb" of San Francisco Bay.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Oh, how I HATE signs that say "Keep Off" and stuff like that...
I say lets man her, push her out to sea, and see if she floats!



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

China Camp is a place of solitude. Population one. When I'm there the population doubles to two. Come back tomorrow and I'll do my best to explain rust. Have a pleasant day.



CLICK for what I call my BIG site.

No comments:

 
under construction