September 23, 2009

San Francisco's Exploratorium


click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

In my schooling, oh so many years ago, I had some wonderful science teachers who had the knack of making the unfathomable quite understandable and interesting.   And this same type of learning goes on at San Francisco's Exploratorium -- with an abundance of genuine enthusiasm for discovery.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Nothing quite as fascinating as wheels for little kids.   Wheels go places.   With wheels at a kid's disposal there's never a dull moment.   Nothing more fun than imagining the possibilities...



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Give this kid a few more years and I'm pretty sure he's going to accomplish all sorts of amazing things.   Right after he finds a cure for cancer and AIDS, maybe he could work on slowing down the aging process for an old guy like me?



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Hey, look at that -- a blend of science and art...   Who would have known it was possible...

I shot these about two-and-a-half years ago with my then brand-new Canon5D.   Here's a few more shots if you're interested:
spinning wonder
pulley systems
fluid dynamics
inertia
bubbles
magnetics
brainstorming


CLICK to visit my Daily-Duo
CLICK to visit KittyBLOG -- the daily doings of my cat.
CLICK for what I call my BIG site.


Your comments are invited and welcome.

No comments:

 
under construction