September 05, 2009

among the spirits


click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

When I was a little boy I was thoroughly soured by the religious overload of my parents, so it was with a bit of trepidation and a good dose of fear that I wandered among these wonderfully carved and beautifully adorned religious objects at the Asian Art Museum in San Francisco.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

This is Mt. Tamalpais, a mile or two from where I live in Fairfax.   Convenient beauty, for sure.   Lots of hiking and biking trails.

This image (above) is on the second page of the Mt. Tamalpais set on what I call my "big" site.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney


Fog blows in from the ocean, struggling over the ridge and cascading down.   More fog is readily available to bring up the rear.

This image (above) is on the third page of the Mt. Tamalpais set on what I call my "big" site.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

This is a Madrone tree -- sort of the "signature tree" of Mt. Tamalpais.   About this time each year these trees shed one layer of paper-thin skin-like bark.   Reminds me of shaggy curls..

This image (above) is on the fifth page of the Mt. Tamalpais set on what I call my "big" site.


CLICK to visit my Daily-Duo
CLICK to visit KittyBLOG -- the daily doings of my cat.
CLICK for what I call my BIG site.


Your comments are invited and welcome.

1 comment:

photowannabe said...

Love the madrone peely bark and all the pics. Great tour through your other sites.

 
under construction