September 13, 2009

Asian Art Museum, San Francisco


click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

San Francisco is honored to have a vast treasure trove of rare and beautiful Asian works of art.   I believe this fan is Japanese.

CLICK to read about the history of San Francisco's Asian Art Museum.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

You know, this image is in the Bolinas set of my "big" site, but right now I'm thinking I shot it elsewhere but can't remember where.   I think it was a sunrise and not a sunset.   Anyway, I guess the location really doesn't matter because the moment has passed.   Fortunately I have this small record of the event.

Update:   Oh, I just remembered -- the sunrise was at Aquatic Park in San Francisco a month or two ago.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

These are what we call Horsetails and they grow prolifically next to bogs and streams.   They sort of remind me of Bamboo with their segmented stalks.

Some people call them "scouring rushes" -- they're gritty and a fist-full of the cut stalk ends can be used for scouring pots and pans.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

One place you might want to stop at (just to visit) some day is the Bolinas Cemetery.   But again, even though this shot is in the Bolinas set of my "big" site, I think I shot it about five miles north near the tiny town of Olema.   Both Olema and Bolinas share the same distinction of having the San Andreas earthquake faultline run nearby.


CLICK to visit my Daily-Duo
CLICK to visit KittyBLOG -- the daily doings of my cat.
CLICK for what I call my BIG site.


Your comments are invited and welcome.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That kimono is just glorious - I haz lust for it! The colours are just amazing ....

 
under construction