September 08, 2009

let us pray


click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Sunday morning was quite an ordeal for young Donnie Kinney.   Shining my shoes was a messy event that played havoc with my duds.

It was the only day of the week that I used Brylcream®, and I remember using considerably more than a "little dab".

When your Dad is the Chior Director and your Mom teaches Sunday School there is an extra burden placed on you to behave -- which in my case was just asking for trouble...

I think the only really good thing about going to Church was that at the very end Pastor Davis would speak those most anticipated of all words -- "let us pray" -- which meant I was going to be out of that oh, most stifling of all churches in about two minutes.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

There is the hussle-and-bussle of Marin County towards the east -- but in the opposite direction, just over the hill, is beauty and splendor that is hard to beat.

This is the main finger of Tomales Bay looking down from Wilson Hill.

I pulled this (above) from the fourth page of my West Marin County set on what I call my "big" site.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

There is an endless debate about that yellow plant in the photo.   Most people call it Wild Mustard, but other folks swear that it is Canola or the Rape Seed plant.

I pulled this (above) from the fifth page of my West Marin County set on what I call my "big" site.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Some people get their kicks watching horror movies -- I get my kicks by visiting churches and sometimes even going inside.   Sooooooo spoooooooky...

This is the larger church at Mission San Rafael, the other church being the actual Mission that dates back to 1817.   That's my beloved Mount Tamalpais in the background.

Actually, I tend to subscribe to the notion that spirits of some kind just might indeed dwell deep within Mt. Tamalpais -- I'm not too sure about the spooky church.   Spirits are more important than spooks, any day of the week...

I pulled this (above) from the third page of my West Marin County set on what I call my "big" site.


CLICK to visit my Daily-Duo
CLICK to visit KittyBLOG -- the daily doings of my cat.
CLICK for what I call my BIG site.


Your comments are invited and welcome.

3 comments:

photowannabe said...

Your eclectic pictures are so much fun to visit. Love how you see the world.
Sorry your childhood memories of church are rough and difficult.
Church doesn't have to be that way.
Do love the last picture of the church cross. Really nice composition.
Hope that camera comes back soon for you.

Deborah Godin said...

Loved the tour, and...few things improve my mood like the countenance of Buddha.

Louise said...

Your dad was the choir director and your mom the Sunday school teacher? Oh my! I don't care what the yellow plant is, it's pretty.

 
under construction