September 24, 2009

Pines on Hawk Hill


click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Next time you are in the vicinity of the Golden Gate Bridge, take a look around -- the tallest hill you see is Hawk Hill, and yes, Hawks, along with Ravens really do live there.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Before the main mass of fog arrives, wispy bits play in the pines.   Add a low sun and you've got a photo.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Photo-ops all over the place.   Snap, snap, snap...



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

And yes, there's a grand view of the Golden Gate Bridge from up on Hawk Hill.   Depending on how much is obscured by fog, you can see the entire Bay Area from there.

Camera Update:   Well it took 25 days when it was only supposed to take 10, but "my baby" is back home all fixed up.   Hopefully it will keep going for another 107,000 snaps.   Snap, snap, snap...


CLICK to visit my Daily-Duo
CLICK to visit KittyBLOG -- the daily doings of my cat.
CLICK for what I call my BIG site.


Your comments are invited and welcome.

2 comments:

Tomate Farcie said...

Great series!

I think we ought to throw your camera a virtual party or something ;) Glad to know you finally have it back. I know what it's like to miss a piece of equipment that much, actually.

Louise said...

These shots are incredible. Who would have thought the wispy fog and light in the trees (love those dark trunks) would capture my attention more than the fog around the bridge? OK, I guess that's not a stretch, but these really ARE great captures.

 
under construction